e The Polarie Star Tracker by Vixen for Astrophotography. This compact mount platform allows you to capture nightscapes and star images with ease.
Vixen Polarie Features
Set up is simple. The Polarie attaches to a standard camera tripod and can accept any digital camera weighing up to 7-pounds. Using the included compass on the Polarie, orient the mount to face north. The Polarie features a North Star alignment window that you point at Polaris. The Polarie can also use a polar scope for alignment. Once set, the Polarie tracks with the motion of the stars to eliminate star trailing on your images resulting in sharp images of the Universe. The Polarie uses very accurate stepping motors and operates on 2 AA batteries.
Polarie is designed to not only be functional, but also to be compact and attractive. The Polarie has a smooth, good looking design. The unit has no visible screws and although, not waterproof, it is designed to function in most weather conditions.
- Tracking Modes: Celestial, 1/2 of celestial rate, solar, and lunar. Usable in northern and southern hemispheres.
- Wheel Gear - 57.6 mm diameter aluminum alloy axis with full-circle 144-tooth
- Worm gear - 9 mm diameter high tension brass
- Bearings - 2 pieces
- Drive - Pulse Motor (Stepper Motor)
- Maximum Loading weight - 3.4-pounds
- Polar sight hole - About 8.9-degree field of view
- Standard accessory - Compass
- Working voltage - 2 x AA-size batteries:DC2.4~3.0V
- External power supply: DC4.4~5.25V
- Electricity consumption - DC.V. A (At a loading weight of 1.5 kg (3.3-pounds))
- Duration of operation - About 4 hours:At 20 C (68 F) degrees temperature, a 1.5 kg (3.3-pounds) loading weight with use of Alkaline batteries
- Dimensions - 95x137x58 mm (3.7x5.9x2.3-inches)
- Weight - 1.4-pounds (without batteries)
- Optional accessory - A dedicated polar axis scope for Polarie